Most of us are already aware that starting January 1st, 2018, VAT will be introduced across the UAE and Furchild’s products and all other pet related services are not exempt. As a result our products will be subject to 5% value added tax in compliance with the federal Laws and regulations levying and regulating the tax in the UAE.
Before this takes place, we’d like to suggest a few options for saving money and we encourage pet parents to stock up on supplies before the implementation of VAT.
Options to save:
- Complete your order, payment and receive the delivery before Jan 1st, 2018 to avoid VAT fees.
- Sign up for a Monthly Meal Plan and save up to 15%! VAT fees may apply, depending on the date you sign up.
- Sign up for 3 months and save 5% as a discount
- Sign up for 6 months and save 10% as a discount
- Sign up for 12 months and save 15% as a discount
- If you have extra space in your freezer, we can arrange a BULK SALE! For the month of December, if you order in bulk, pay, and receive your delivery before Jan 1st, you’ll receive a special discount and avoid VAT fees. Sounds like the perfect Christmas gift for your pet!
- Meals For Dogs
- Order more than 40 lb and save 5%
- Order more than 60 lb and save 10%
- Order more than 100 lb and save 15%
- Meals for Cats
- Order more than 15 lb and save 10%
- Order more than 30 lb and save 15%
Our Furchild team is always here to assist and answer any of your questions. If you want to take advantage of our BULK SALE call: 04 339 0100, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it usually takes two days to complete the entire process from ordering to delivering so don’t leave it to the last day of December!
If you want to start a Meal Plan and to take advantage of our discounts, that’s great! We can tailor a feeding plan that’s perfect for your pet and your wallet. Sign Up for a Meal Plan Now!
Below are some frequently asked questions to familiarize yourself with VAT:
What is VAT?
Value Added Tax (VAT) is an indirect tax that is being introduced by the UAE Government for both business and individuals.
When will the VAT go into effect and what will be the rates?
VAT will be introduced across the UAE on 1 January 2018 at a standard rate of 5%.
Is it compulsory to pay VAT?
Exceptions to VAT are only by law, and the Federal Tax Authority publishes these. For further details, please visit: www.tax.gov.ae
Will Furchild charge VAT on my bills?
Special rules will be provided to deal with various situations that may arise in respect of supplies that span the introduction of VAT. For example:
- Where a payment is received in respect of a supply of goods before the introduction of VAT but the goods are actually delivered after the introduction of VAT, this means that VAT will have to be charged on such supplies. Likewise, special rules will apply with regards to supplies of services spanning the introduction of VAT.
- Where a contract is concluded prior to the introduction of VAT in respect of a supply which is wholly or partly made after the introduction of VAT, and the contract does not contain clauses relating to the VAT treatment of the supply, then consideration for the supply will be treated as inclusive of VAT. There will, however, be special provisions to allow suppliers to charge VAT in situations where their recipient is able to recover their VAT but where there is no VAT clause.
Will there be transitional rules?
Special rules will be provided to deal with various situations that may arise in respect of supplies that span the introductions of VAT. For example: *Where a payment is received in respect of a service before the introduction of VAT, this means that VAT will have to be charged on such supplies from the 1st of January 2018.
Where can I get more information?
Visit the Federal Tax Authority website Federal Tax Authority for more information.